Contractor Position Available
We are a small but growing team here at Outdoors Empowered Network. And we're growing by one, part-time contractor at the moment:
Please check out our need for a part time program support contractor!
WHO WE ARE, WHAT WE DO:
Outdoors Empowered Network believes every child deserves access to nature and the benefits of time spent in wilderness.
We are a start-up nonprofit that is growing a national network of regional organizations and programs that connect youth to the outdoors. As a backbone organization, Outdoors Empowered Network supports its affiliate members to implement and expand a proven “train the trainer” model in which adults already working with youth in their communities learn to lead safe and rewarding wilderness adventures. Our affiliates are deeply committed to reaching educators and young people from under resourced communities. In addition, the model includes the creation of gear libraries to provide trained adults access to FREE equipment for keeping youth they get outdoors safe, warm and comfortable.
Outdoors Empowered Network plans to train and equip, through its members, approximately 2,500 educators this year who will then provide opportunities for 50,000 youth to get outdoors in 2018! Are you interested in helping us connect more youth with nature?
Program Support Associate
50% time (20 hours a week) Contract Position
Open until filled.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
We are looking for a highly organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and motivated individual. A high level of both independence and creativity is expected. Must be willing to work some nights and weekends, bringing positive energy to our fast moving work environment. Primary responsibilities will revolve around creating and implementing a package of high value support services to The Outdoors Empowered Network’s Program Member organizations. A top-level responsibility for 2018 is the production of our 5th annual national conference of affiliates. The Program Associate position will work under the direct supervision of the Executive Director.
Denver or Chicago are the locations most strongly preferred as OEN has a strategic presence, and/or member programs in those cities. The OEN office is in San Francisco, CA, and some limited travel to and from the Bay Area is required. Applications from highly qualified candidates will be considered from other locations.
· Minimum one year work experience within the field of Outdoor or Environmental Education
· Experience with Database Software (Salesforce strongly preferred).
· Ability to perform as the leader in a wilderness setting.
· Organized, time-efficient, solid attention to detail.
· A high level of proficiency in MS Office Applications and the ability to learn other software quickly.
Strongly Desirable: Strong background in either: education, outdoor retail and/or sales. Experience with program design and development in outdoor education focused organizations. Current Wilderness First Aid certification. (WFA, WFR or WEMT). Inventory experience.
· Management and services associated with Member Program Benefits package, including, but not limited to: Outdoor Gear donations and purchases being made by and for Program Affiliates; marketing support (described below), curriculum design for new affiliates, gear management systems advice.
· Support production of OEN’s annual national conference of affiliates.
· Support in the marketing of Program Affiliate workshops (excepting those subcontracted to other vendors)
· Improve and maintain a system of reciprocity between program members, so that program staff can utilize the nationwide network of curricula, operational ocugear libraries.
· Hire and manage an intern/volunteers to support one’s work when/where appropriate.
· Support the meticulous management of The Outdoors Empowered Network’s Salesforce Database.
· Support the organizations social media presence with content and posting to Facebook and Instagram.
Other projects as assigned
The candidate will have a flexible schedule but must be willing to work some nights and weekends and should be comfortable with a flexible work environment. Some limited travel is required, both by plane and car. Outdoors Empowered Network is based in San Francisco. A minimum of two days a week telecommuting is required.
To Submit an appication : email cover letter and writing sample with resume to:
Application: Vacant until filled.
Outdoors Empowered Network is committed to diversity and practicing equal opportunity in recruitment and hiring. Qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Compensation: $16 - $22/hr, DOE